This hearty and reassuring slow cooker beef stew is made with potatoes, carrots, celery, broth, herbs, and spices. You won’t hesitate to utter “yum!” For those chilly evenings in the fall and winter, this slow cooker beef stew is the ideal low-maintenance meal. This recipe for beef stew will warm you up from the inside out thanks to its hearty ingredients and warming flavor.
Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew Fixings
To make this popular beef stew recipe, you’ll need the following items:
Cook meat: Two pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces, are used to start this recipe.
· Flour: The all-purpose flour makes the broth thicker, making the stew more filling.
• Flavorings: A bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, and salt are used to season this beef stew.
· Broth: Beef broth can be purchased or made at home.
• Leafy greens: Potatoes, celery, carrots, and onions are all necessary.
How to Make Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
The complete, step-by-step recipe is below; however, here is a quick rundown of what to expect when making this slow cooker beef stew:
1. Combine the following: Toss the beef with flour, salt, and pepper before putting it in the slow cooker. The vegetables, broth, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, and bay leaf should all be included. Mix thoroughly.
2. Install the slow cooker as follows: Cook the Crock-Pot on Low for 8 to 12 hours or High for 4 to 6 hours with the lid on.
Serving Ideas for Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
There is no need to serve any side dishes with this hearty Crock-Pot beef stew because it serves as a complete meal on its own. However, if you really want to spice things up a bit, you could serve it with some homemade bread, like a French baguette or simple dinner rolls. A straightforward salad as a side would also work well.
How to Store Slow Cooker Beef Stew
The cooled beef stew should be transferred to a shallow, airtight container. For up to three days, store in the refrigerator. In the microwave or on the stove, reheat.
Can slow cooker beef stew be frozen?
Beef stew made in a slow cooker can be frozen for up to three months. Transfer the stew to freezer bags with a zip top in serving-size portions (leave about 12 inches of space at the top because the liquid will expand as it freezes). Freeze flat and squeeze out the excess air. Thaw in a warm water bath or the refrigerator.
Comments from the community of Allrecipes
One member of the Allrecipes community exclaims, “Excellent recipe.” It has a delicious flavor, is simple to make, and warms you up on a chilly winter day!”
Sharon Schroeder claims, “The only thing I added was a splash of red wine — not much.” It was the most delectable, tenderest meat stew I’ve made.”
MISSLIZA says, “Perfect exactly as written.” Super simple to prepare in the morning, and a delicious meal to enjoy at the end of the day!”
Corey Williams contributed to the editorial work.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 14 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 teaspoons salt
- 12 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 12 cups beef broth
- Place meat in sluggish cooker.
- Blend flour, salt, and pepper together in a little bowl. Pour over meat, and mix until meat is covered.
- Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, bay leaf, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery to combine, stir.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 12 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high until the beef is tender enough to cut with a spoon.